Monday, August 11, 2014

Meet the Teacher Blogger

Stephanie at Falling Into First is hosting a Meet the Teacher linky, so I thought it would be fun to share a few things about me.



My name is Holly, and I am almost 25...the two week countdown is on as of today! I live in the mountains of North Carolina with my husband. We have been married for a little over two years. This will be my third year teaching kindergarten, but I have also taught first grade. Fun Fact: Every year I have taught kindergarten, I have bee in a different school :) so I have had a pretty great exposure to all things K!

When I went to college, I accepted North Carolina Teaching Fellows to UNC-Asheville. I went there, loved the mountains, hated the school. It was not the right fit for me, so I transferred after my sophomore year.

My husband and I met at the college we both transferred into, UNC-Charlotte. We just went back to visit and were blown away by all of the changes there...it looks like they are tearing down the old dorm we both lived in, and I am very sad about that!


I am lucky because I loved living in the mountains and always wanted to live there, and my husband is from the mountains of NC. I am so glad we live here-if I want to see a waterfall, go on a zipline, or go tubing...there are a zillion places to do so here. 

This summer I have been busy reading whatever I can get my hands on, working as a secretary at a summer camp for girls, kickboxing through 9Round, and getting my classroom moved/situated at my new school. I tried to grow a garden...but it has not been too successful. My thumb is black instead of green. 


THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Italian food and sushi...I could eat pasta every night if I wouldn't gain a million pounds. Target. My Kindle app. The beach. Snow days :) being organized. Blog creeping. Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Pretty Little Liars, and Chasing Life pretty much get me through the school year. I am still pretty heartbroken that PanAm was cancelled. 

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
Working as a secretary-I really enjoy my summer camp job. I never thought those words would have come out of my mouth, but I love filing, dealing with emails, paperwork, organzing, and all the other little tasks that I do. 

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Talker. Goofy. Hardworking.

 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"Summer is too long!" said no teacher ever!
 

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

J. K. Rowling so that I could harass her with Harry Potter questions that I never had answered in my childhood. And to request a sequel!

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

The Accidents and Adventures of Holly (I have a lot of ridiculous accidents that have happened to me).


 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
I would want to be able to apparate so I could go anywhere without driving or flying. 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

"Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live." -Tuck Everlasting
 

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

 Barbie Girl....because I was a kid in the 90s.

 
 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

I am a night owl. I would rather stay late than be up early. The struggle in the morning is real.

 
Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

 My Anecdotal Records. Even though they are free in my shop, they give me so much help in the classroom. Whenever teachers came to observe me from other schools, that was the resource everyone wanted a copy of. After I used it and it helped me gain so much insight to help my kids become better readers, I knew I had to share it. 




Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 

My first year teaching, I went back to my classroom to grab the lunch that I forgot. I shut my door, and the giant, plywood intercom speaker fell off the wall and hit me on the head. I had a concussion, and the box broke into pieces when it hit my head. I cannot make this up. That intercom had been there since the fifties, and no one's had ever fallen. Strange things happen to me. 

It's your turn! Follow the link to link up and share!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Holly! Loved reading your post! I'm so jealous that you live in the mountains! I live in NC too...closer to the coast! I could probably eat my weight in sushi, I should have put that down on my faves list along with Target as well! I'm your newest follower! :)

    Kelsey
    http://growinggracefullyinthirdgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am jealous you live on the coast! Thanks for commenting..I love connecting with all teachers, but I really love connecting with NC teachers :) good luck with back to school! Thanks for following-I will definitely be following your blog now :) :)

      Delete
  2. YES! Thank you for admitting that you watch PLL. I can't decide if I should be ashamed to watch it as a grown woman. I'm also loving Chasing Life, but I'm a big sucker for shows that make me cry every episode.

    So nice to meet you, Holly!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never be ashamed! I want to throw my remote at the TV every time they don't show who A is! It kills me that it goes off and only has that Halloween special for so long! And Chasing Life with the Christmas special...that wait is much worse!!! Ha, nice to meet you as well!!

      Delete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com