Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Day Has Come

August 1.

It seems like just yesterday that it was mid-June, and sweet summer was just beginning. Alas, only two more weeks to soak in summer and freedom before teacher workdays begin again!

Here 10 of m,y summer highlights:

1. The movies: My summer goal was to see 1 movie per week in a movie theater with popcorn. I did really well with this goal until about mid July...there weren't any movies out that I was dying to see. However, I did end up watching movies from my bed via my iPad, and I think that forced relaxation counts. I am planning to see the new Vacation movie next week and A Little Chaos once it comes to a local place where I live. Max has been my favorite so far-I bawled like a baby during the beginning.

2. Braces: I got braces put on last week. I am glad that I did it over the summer so I could avoid those miserable first few days in the middle of teaching. However, this eliminated all chances of eating popcorn at the movies. Sadsville.

3. Camp: I worked a.lot. of hours as an office assistant at the same camp for the third year in a row. I am lucky to have a summer job I love as much as my school job!

4. Vacation: I didn't really have one because of camp. My husband and I are planning a trip for somewhere/anywhere on a weekend when the beaches are a little cooler and less crowded in the fall. We did go on a FAST overnight trip to Charlotte for our third wedding anniversary, and it was a lot of fun.

5. School work: I made my pacing guide for the upcoming year, started working on printing lesson plans/materials, and got some decorations done for my classroom. Not too much work-I do less each year.

6. Back to school sales: My highlight of the back to school sales was finding a GLITTER closeout at a teacher supply store. They told me whatever they had in stock no matter the size/color/type I could have for a quarter....I bought 30 bottles of glitter/glitter glue in HUGE containers for a total of $7.50. I also got those art trays that are $14 each for $1.85 each. Also, a Melissa and Doug grocery store center that retails for $160 for $20. It was the summer of classroom bargains.

7. Snowballs: I finally got to try out Pelicans in my hometown area...now every time I go home I have to get at least 2 snowballs or I am sad.

8. Professional Development: Does Pinterest count? Just kidding. I spent 3 days developing myself and only 1 day leading a session for others. This is the least amount I have ever done over the summer. I made enough money (did not expect to be paid) to pay my car payment for August! It was a pretty nice surprise.

9. Teachers Pay Teachers: I updated a handful of products and made a couple of new ones. I am looking forward to doing more during the school year when I don't have a crazy camp schedule to live by.

10: Walking: I started a new habit of walking every other night for 35-40 minutes. I plan to up my time/go towards daily when school starts back. I had to take a couple of weeks off due to a toe injury (I tore a chunk out of my toe). There is a former golf course/now a park by my school that I will walk at everyday once school starts, and I am on a regular shedule.

I am planning to hit up the Dirty Dancing festival in Lake Lure as my one last hoorah before workdays start the following Monday :) 

What are your top 10 summer highlights? Feel free to share a link to your blog in the comments! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com